Sunday, February 15, 2009

Digestive Enzymes, can you take too many?

======
I am not a doctor, this blog is NOT giving out medical advice, what I share here is what *seems to have worked for me*, it may or may NOT work for you. Results vary, user beware, you've been duly Terms of Serviced, See the disclaimer at the bottom of every post.
======

Is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?

If you've just stumbled onto this blog please subscribe to my RSS feed and remember to subscribe to Boundaries for Codependents via email to ensure you can enjoy the latest post(s)

Of course there is.

What can happen if you take a supplement, a supplement that has good intentions, a supplement that actually does improve what it is supposed to improve... And you take it too much?

For the umpteenth time, I'm NOT a doctor, this blog is not purporting to make medical claims and it's not validating or invalidating any thing or anybody:

I think I may have taken too many digestive enzymes



I have missing teeth.

I *need* dentures and don't have them.

I've not been chewing my food enough (however that may be defined)

My intestinal tract is *tore up* (nice technical jargon there).

I have had gas pain, sometimes excruciating gas pain. It is NOT heartburn. It IS painful. My father, rest his soul, thought it a good idea to take digestive enzymes when we ate meat. I took them, I took too many of them (which is to say with every meal... no one held a gun to my head and said "take them every day"

I stopped taking them.

my pain subsided.

draw your own conclusions

(note to my lawyers... happy with that?)
Disclaimer: No responsibility is accepted for use of this information. Use is entirely at your own risk.
Information contained herein is for educational purposes only.

No comments: